Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts begins as the citizens of the Kingdom of Glory celebrate their victory over the Dark Church. While in the catacombs of their former enemies, their revelry is disturbed by a sudden all-encompassing fog. Those that remain alive after the strange attack, barricade themselves in the depths of the catacombs. As time passes, food becomes scarce and the people of the Kingdom of Glory begin to realize that they might all meet their demise. The ‘heroic’ Knights of Glory, shady mercenaries and the arrogant high elves band together into guilds in order to survive and escape the dank catacombs. Unfortunately, the guilds are far too concerned with their distaste for each other, thus allowing for an awakening of dark forces in the dungeons below.
GT2 - D&D introduces a ton of new content to the saga, such as:
- A completely reworked and brand new direction of graphic style
- A new character creation and leveling system with talent trees
- Quest logs and of course a brand new story line involving the great cast of GT
More to come!
Welcome to Meridian4 Support
For an optimal gaming experience, be sure to update your computer with the latest drivers and system updates. Some of the most popular hardware and system software companies are listed below.
Be sure to check your PC manufacturer's Web site for additional updates and drivers.
ATI Technologies® - www.ati.com
Creative® - www.creative.com
nVIDIA® - www.nvidia.com
Intel ® - www.intel.com
Microsoft® DirectX® - www.microsoft.com/windows/directx
Windows® - windowsupdate.microsoft.com
If the problem continues after updating your system, or if you require help identifying specific hardware components, please send the following information:
- What steps are resulting in the problem exactly? Be as specific as possible.
- Can you confirm that there were no other programs running when you launched the game (Outlook, MSN messenger, etc...)?
- Where did you purchase the game?
Please attach your dxdiag file to the email. You can get to your dxdiag by following these steps:
- Click on Start
- Select Run
- Type "dxdiag" (without quotes)
- Select Enter
- Save and email the file to support (at) meridian4 (dot) com